Buckwheat Porridge with Mango Coulis
Gluten free & Dairy free - Serves 1
Easy, delicious and refreshing, this dish is definitely one you could add to your repertoire of breakfast recipes.
Buckwheat is a gluten-free grain which is full of fibre and magnesium, a great way to kickstart your digestive system for the day. It may also boost your heart health as well as control your blood sugar levels meaning that you may find it easier to control your weight. It’s also high in other minerals including manganese, copper and calcium.
And who doesn’t love mango?! Not only does it taste absolutely divine, it is also full of nutritional goodness. It is also high in fibre for digestion and a good source of antioxidants to help you fight ageing.
- ¾ cup roasted buckwheat kernels
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 cup frozen mango
- ¼ cup soy milk or non-dairy milk of choice
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- Sliced almonds
- Desiccated coconut
1. In a saucepan, add the buckwheat kernels to the water and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat and let simmer until the buckwheat is soft and the water as evaporated.
2. Meanwhile, in a food processor, blend the frozen mango, the maple syrup and the milk until the mixture is smooth and sauce-like.
3. Place the buckwheat in a bowl, spoon the mango coulis on top and then sprinkle with sliced almonds and desiccated coconut.
Did you make this recipe? Tag @goodnesslover on Instagram and hashtag it #goodnesslover
Get Started Today!
Enter Your Name & Email to Get Instant Access To Our Newsletter & Your Complimentary Ebook, Quarantine Cuisine: Easy, Nourishing Recipes To Support Your Immune System.