Quinoa, Tofu & Orange Salad
Packed full of nutritious goodness and vibrant with colour, this unique salad tastes good, looks good and is good.
Quinoa is one of the most protein rich foods we can eat. In fact, quinoa was the “gold” of the Incas because they believed it increased the stamina of their warriors. It also contains twice as much fibre as other grains, it’s packed full of iron, rich in magnesium and hosts a myriad of other essential nutrients. The Incas knew what they were doing!
This salad could be a side or, as it’s so wonderfully filling, it could also be the main too. You could also try mandarin instead of oranges.
Give it a try and let us know what you think!
- 1 ¼ cups tricolour quinoa
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 300g tofu
- 1 tsp coriander, ground
- 1 cup, kale, washed and chopped
- 2 small avocadoes, sliced
- 2 naval oranges, peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup blanched, sliced almonds
For the dressing
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
1. In a saucepan, bring the quinoa to a boil and let simmer until the grain is cooked well but not mushy. Stir through the lemon zest.
2. Dice the tofu in 1cm cubes and then fry in a frypan with olive oil and dust with the ground coriander. Tossing frequently, fry until the tofu is golden.
3. Combine the cooked quinoa, tofu, kale, avocadoes, oranges (make sure you take off the white pith) and almonds.. Dice the tofu in 1cm cubes and then fry in a frypan with olive oil and dust with the ground coriander. Tossing frequently, fry until the tofu is golden.
4. To make the salad dressing, combine ingredients and whisk with a fork. Pour over salad and enjoy while still slightly warm!
Did you make this recipe? Tag @goodnesslover on Instagram and hashtag it #goodnesslover
Get Started Today!
Enter Your Name & Email to Get Instant Access To Our Newsletter & Your Complimentary Ebook, Quarantine Cuisine: Easy, Nourishing Recipes To Support Your Immune System.