Chocolate Hazelnut Tart
Vegan, Gluten-Free - Decadent & Deliciously Healthy
This chocolate hazelnut tart is decadent, delicious and doesn’t contain any of the danger foods:
No refined sugar
But don’t worry, it has lots of chocolate-tasting goodness!
Cacao is full of antioxidants to stave off free radicals and help prevent disease. It is also rich in magnesium, copper, potassium and calcium, all of which help to lower the risk of hypertension and heart disease. Some claim it also is the highest plant-based source of iron!
Hazelnuts are rich in dietary fibre and packed with vitamins and minerals. They are especially rich in folate as well as being an excellent source of vitamin E.
1 ½ cups gluten free oats
1 ½ cups almond meal
2 tbsp coconut sugar
½ cup coconut oil
¼ cup maple syrup
2 tbsp almond butter
Pinch of salt
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup maple syrup
½ cup vegan choc chips
4 tbsp cornflour
1/3 cup hazelnut meal
¼ cup cacao powder
2 cups coconut milk
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees and lightly butter and flour a 25cm tart pan.
2. Add the oats to a high speed blender or food processor and mix until it forms a flour.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse until it forms a dough. It should stay together if pressed between your fingers.
4. Press the dough into the bottom of the tart pan, making sure it is covered evenly and smoothly. Using a fork, prick the base in several places.
5. Bake for 12-15 minutes until it is lightly coloured. Let cool.
1. Melt the coconut oil and vegan choc chips in a saucepan, add the cornflour and whisk until smooth.
2. Turn the heat on low to medium. Add the maple syrup, cacao powder and hazelnut meal to the pot. Stir frequently, making sure it doesn’t stick to the bottom.
3. Once it starts to thicken, add the coconut milk. Again stir frequently until it starts to thicken again.
4. Let cool slightly before pouring into the tart pastry. Place in fridge and let set for at least 3 hours or leave overnight for a firmer texture.
5. Once set, decorate with berries, hazelnuts and mint leaves.
Did you make this recipe? Tag @goodnesslover on Instagram and hashtag it #goodnesslover
Follow Goodness Lover