Triple Chocolate Vegan Brownies
Gluten free & Dairy free - Makes 12 brownies
If you were not told, you would never guess that these rich, moist and very chocolately brownies are packed with black and white beans and other healthy ingredients. They are super easy to make and will satisfy any chocolate craving with the triple choc combo- cacao, chocolate chips and vegan chocolate spread. They are literally to die for.
Made from gently roasted cocoa beans, cacao powder is the purest, most natural form of chocolate. It is exceptionally rich in cocoa flavanols - a plant-based antioxidant which studies have shown support a wide range of health benefits. It also contains a decent amount of magnesium which is essential for energy metabolism, healthy psychological function, muscles, bones and teeth.
Both black and white beans are rich in fibre and protein as well as many vitamins and minerals such as magnesium, potassium and phosphorus. They also are packed with B vitamins which are essential for energy production, brain function and cell health.
- 1 ½ cups black beans (drained and thoroughly rinsed)
- 1 ½ cups white beans (drained and thoroughly rinsed)
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 4 tbsp cacao powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup vegan chocolate hazelnut spread (e.g. Pana or Nuttvia)
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
1. Preheat oven to 350F/180C and grease an 8x8 inch cooking dish.
2. Place all ingredients except chocolate chips, chocolate hazelnut spread and almonds in a food processor or blender and combine until very smooth. Stir in the chips, leaving a few to decorate the top.
3. Pour half the mixture into the greased pan and spread evenly. Layer on top the chocolate hazelnut spread and then pour the other half of the batter on top of the spread. Top with the remaining chocolate chips.
4. Place in the oven and cook for 30 minutes (may need a bit longer depending on the oven). Let cool for 10 minutes before trying to cut. Top with slivered almonds.
Did you make this recipe? Tag @goodnesslover on Instagram and hashtag it #goodnesslover
Get Started Today!
Enter Your Name & Email to Get Instant Access To Our Newsletter & Your Complimentary Ebook, Quarantine Cuisine: Easy, Nourishing Recipes To Support Your Immune System.