Follow Your Heart.
"If your success is not on your own terms, if it looks good to the world but does not feel good in your heart, it is not success at all. "
Rather than explaining what this quote means to you today, I’m slimly going to ask you a set of 10 questions…
1) Is your occupation the result of expectations on you or what you really want to do?
2) Are you defined by how people see you or by how you see yourself?
3) Do you need objects and possessions to give you a sense of self worth?
4) You’re meeting someone new at a party and they ask you what you do with your life… Are you more concerned with their reaction or are you more concerned with how you feel about why you do with your life?
5) Where do you get your ideas of what success looks like in your life?
6) Do you constantly crave the approval of others?
7) If you were to start your life over again, would you be doing what you’re doing?
8) If money wasn’t a concern, how would you spend your days?
9) Are you defined by the letters that follow your name (or lack thereof) or your passions? Do those letters line up with your passions?
10) If you had less than 12 months to live… Would you be doing what you’re doing?
Now all I want you do do is read that quote again, in light of how you answered those questions and you’ll know exactly what success looks like in your life.
I don’t need to tell you.
Nobody needs to tell you.
Your heart is all you need.
Just be brave, make the changes, don’t look back and simply…
Follow your heart.
* * *